Description: Adobo is a sauce traditionally used to prepare and store food with as a preservative, prior to the use of refrigeration used mainly today. Chipotle peppers are a form of smoke dried Jalapeno peppers with a very particular flavor that I really like. So what does chipotle peppers have to do with this recipe? Well we are using the adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers as a base for this salsa, which makes it very yummy! This salsa has a very subtle flavor to it, great on fish, and of course tortilla chips.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, adobo sauce, tarragon, and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
You could add more or less of the adobo sauce to give or take away some kick. I sometimes even add in some minced chipotle peppers since I’ve already opened the can. This is pretty good on hamburgers too!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)