Description: Habanero chiles are one of the hottest chiles available. Mixed with the sweetness of the apple, that makes this an interesting assault on the taste buds. First the sweetness of the apple, the bitterness of the onion, lime juice and cilantro and then finally the last barrage of fire that comes from the habaneros. You won’t know what hit you, but you will want more. I guarantee it.
- 2 red delicious apples, diced
- 2 habanero peppers, washed and de-seeded
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1 or 2 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Dice the apples into fairly small pieces, coat in lime juice to stop browning.
- Run the habaneros, onion, a little lime zest, and cilantro through the food processor, with lime juice.
- Toss this with the apple pieces, and more lime juice to get the right consistency.
- Salt to taste.
If you don’t have a food processor, try just cutting up the habaneros, lime zest, onion and cilantro very finely, or maybe try a blender on low.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4