Description: Sweet and delicious, Apricot Salsa is a favorite with kids. This goes great on fish and chicken and as a side for tortilla chips. It’s easy to make and something everyone can enjoy.
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh apricots or 1 pint canned apricots drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped apricot preserves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chop apricots (if using can drain of syrup first).
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Slowly add cinnamon to taste and mix.
You could add a some minced jalapeno to give this a kick. Make sure to wash and de-seed the jalapeno. I would add about 1/3 of a chopped jalapeno to start. Probably not recommended if you are serving to kids.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4