Description: Here is another great salsa brimming with flavors. Cherry Tomato Salsa is light, but has subtle flavors that come alive on chicken or beef. Great for grilled foods.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, coursly chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, olives, capers, basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Before serving, adjust the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Great on chicken or beef.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4