Description: It’s not a salsa, but man this chile rub is awesome on steaks, chicken and fish. This is pretty easy to put together. Rub it on your steaks before you throw them on the grill and then time for a cold one!
- 1/4 cup cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a dry medium skillet, over medium heat, toast cumin, coriander, anise,and oregano until very aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Stir and shake the pan constantly while toasting. Take care not to burn or the mixture will taste bitter.
- As soon as the mixture smells toasty and aromatic, transfer to a plate cool.
- Grind to a powder in a spice grinder.
- In a bowl, mix the ground seasonings with the chili powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Can be stored in the freezer in a sealed bag or container about 1 year.
You could use a coffee grinder instead of a spice grinder.
Awesome on steaks, fish and chicken.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12