Description: I don’t know about you, but I just love chipotle peppers. I’ll put this salsa on everything from eggs to a steak, and everything in between. This recipe is just so flavorful. I want to hear your thoughts!
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles, finely chopped (canned ok)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- As always with tomatillos, soak in some hot water for about 10 minutes to help remove the husks.
- Once the husks are removed rinse under tap water.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatillo, chiles, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate, at least 1 hour and better a day or two, to allow the flavors to mix.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4