Description: Pico de Gallo is a coarsley chopped salsa (also known as Salsa Fresca) consisting of tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, salt and pepper to taste. This is a very easy salsa to make and can be mild to hot depending on how many jalapeno peppers you add to the recipe. Great on chicken and fish.
- 3 medium tomatoes (firm to the touch)
- 1 green onion with the stalk
- 3 jalapenos or serrano peppers to taste
- 1/2 cilantro bunch
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- Dice the tomatoes and onions into little cubes.
- Finely chop the cilantro and jalapenos.
- Toss all the ingredients together and mix well.
You may want to add some lime juice to this. It will help the vegetables from turning brown too quickly and give an extra kick to the mix as well.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4