Description: This is a really unique salsa. I find this works well on beef which is rare. Try grilling some steaks or burgers and spread a layer of this on. Pretty damn good on chips too!
- 2 large poblano chiles, roasted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Roast the chiles.
- Remove the stems and seeds.
- Cut the chiles lenghtwise into thin strips, about 1/4-inch wide, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet and cook the onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook, stirring until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add the reserved diced chiles, vinegar, and salt.
- Heat through and serve.
Preparation time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4