Description: Borracho in spanish means drunk. This is just a really smooth salsa, with a kick of beer or tequila for a different flavor. Maybe not one for the kids!
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white onion (large pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- beer or tequila (very small amount)
- Cut tomatoes in half, remove unwanted parts.
- Cut stems off peppers.
- Add a little olive oil to skillet and add tomatotes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), and oregano.
- Toast everything on a high heat until tomatoes, peppers, and onions are blackened.
- Remove everything from pan to a blender and blend until fairly smooth.
- Add to a serving bowl, then add a an ounce of beer or a splash of tequila to taste.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6