Description: Salsa Fresca is also known as Pico de Gallo (roosters beak). You can find a similar pico de gallo recipe to this one here if it suits your taste better. Salsa Fresca is a coarsely chopped salsa, consisting of onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. This is great on fish but also great in salads and of course the tortilla chip!
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, finely diced
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Stir and toss well.
- Eat right away.
- Store in a covered container no more than one day.
You can get a lot of this on one tortilla chip!
Great on fish and chicken.