Description: This is the classic red salsa you might find at any good mexican restaraunt, accompanied usually with a basket of freshly made tortilla chips. Really good on just about anything mexican from tacos to huevos rancheros.
- 6 to 8 roma tomatoes
- 18 to 24 serrano peppers
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt to taste
- Boil tomatoes and serranos until tender.
- Blend all and ingredients in blender.
- If salsa is too thick add a little of the water that you boiled tomatoes and peppers in until it’s the consistency you want it to be.
Preparation time: 7 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4