Description: Salsa Verde is one of the most popular Mexican salsas. It is green in color due to the tomatillos being one of the main ingredients. Probably a little less heat than salsa roja, still great for most Mexican food and on the chip.
- 1 lb. tomatillos
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion in large skillet until soft.
- Cook tomatillos in boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, then puree in blender.
- Add green onions to skillet just before regular onions are ready.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Pingback: Salsa Verde – It’s so very salsa! - SALSA